- Ultra-compact tube-tester module: 100 mm x 125 mm x H 25 mm max + 36 x 80 mm backlit LCD display
- Operates at low voltage with reduced supply current
- Single power supply: 6 to 9V AC - ac (transformer), the rectification is already on the card or 9 to 12v d.c.
- Regulated high voltage power converter, adjustable from 2 to 450 V minimum
Grid bias generator adjustable from 0 to - 45 V minimum (0.1 V resolution)
Plate current range: 0 to 300 mA in 2 automatic sub-ranges: 0 to 34.0 mA (resolution 0.1 mA) then 34 to 300 mA (resolution 1mA)
- Supply current: 120 mA on average, 150 mA maximum (LCD lighting included)
-The tube-tester is delivered wired & set, ready to use with its display connected by a flexible cable
- 1 documentation - user manual (block diagram & connection and operating details)
- Very simple operation: adjust, by means of 2 potentiometers, the anode voltage and the grid bias voltage to the desired values and, simultaneously, the corresponding plate current is displayed on the lcd screen.
The measurements are carried out at a rate of 2 per second which allows the continuous reading of the 3 parameters.
The test of the tetrode or penthode tubes is carried out in pseudo-triode mode allowing the linearity of these tubes to be best appreciated (screen or g2 connected to the plate), if the tetrode or true penthode mode is desired, it will suffice to apply permanently on the screen / g2 the voltage specified for the test, the bias voltage is controlled by the microprocessor and blocks the tube at cut-off between measurements and there is, therefore, no risk of grid current .
The heating of the tubes can be taken from the supply voltage of the module. For directly heated tubes a separate power supply must be provided.
The measurement accuracy is 5%
- Using a microprocessor allows an ultra fast measurement mode which minimizes the supply energy.
- Possibility of making an autonomous portable lamp meter powered by cells or batteries
- Possibility of using the module's high voltage power supply to test circuits or small receivers (max flow rate of 28 mA under 80 V, 12 mA under 250 V)
- Presented in a test situation with an ECC82 - 12AU7
- Octal and noval support plate supporting the tube not included, can be ordered on request.
- Few traditional lamp meters are capable of such measurements because they require heavy and cumbersome power supplies - the famous Metrix 310, for example, is limited to 100 mA of plate current.